See how easy it is to learn good soldering techniques with this distance learning soldering course. It covers everything that the electronic technician needs to know about soldering.
Start with the basics and then move on to more advanced techniques. Learn how to inspect and repair solder joints using the included soldering iron. Finish with a Surface Mount Technology learning module with lab.
Good soldering requires some practice and an understanding of the principles involved. This soldering course includes 3 lesson books and two separate labs with hands-on experiments.
If you ever need help call one of CIE's instructors for assistance and you can take your exams online.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion in Soldering Techniques from CIE Bookstore suitable for framing when finished.
Soldering Course Includes:
- 3 Soldering Lesson Books
- Hands-on Labs with experiments
- Surface Mount Technology module
- Parts Kit
- Soldering Iron
Soldering Course Lesson Material:
Lesson 1: Reliable Soldering Techniques
- Soldering Tools for Electronics
- The Soldering Iron Tip
- How to Tin Your Soldering Iron
- Solder Flux and Solderability
- Soldering Properties of Solder
- Eutectic Solder
- Tools for Electronic Technicians
- 1 experiment with exam
Lesson 2: Working with Printed Circuit Boards
- Purpose of Printed Circuit Boards
- Cold Solder Joints
- Splicing Two Wires Together
- Soldering Stranded Wire
- Soldering to Terminals
- Tack Soldering
- Soldering to Printed-Circuit Boards
- 3 experiments with examination
Lesson 3: Building a Siren with Flashing LightPractical Soldering Tips
- How to Repair Solder Joints
- Identifying Components
- Reading the Color Bands
- Testing Components
- Circuit Tracing
- 4 experiments with examination
Surface Mount Technology Lab
Students gain experience identifying, soldering and using surface mount devices by physically building an actual working surface mount technology project. This course is the perfect introduction to SMT and does not require any previous knowledge of the topic.
Learn about surface mount technology (SMT) such as:
- Different Types of Surface Mount Devices (SMDs)
- Various Types of Surface Mount Assemblies
- Automated Soldering Methods
- The Stages of Manual and Automated Assembly
- Processes of Surface Mount Circuits
Comes with a detailed instruction manual, identification parts (both SMD and Standard) and a magnifier with tweezers.
Soldering and Surface Mount Technology are associated with the assembly of Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs) and the interconnection of electronic components and other devices onto the printed board.
Soldering is extremely important in the assembly process in many manufacturing industries.
Related Career Paths:
Prototyping Electronic Technician, Process Engineering Technician, Electrical Testing Technician, Electro/Mechanical Applications Technician, Lab Engineer
How do I enroll?
1. You can enroll online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-SD01.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $141.95
(includes $16.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order on line or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for the Soldering Course 01-SD01 today!