Linux users can now control their homes remotely! Are you a Linux user who has ever wanted to turn on the lights in your house, or open and close the curtains, while away on holiday? Want to be able to play the same music in every room, controlled from your laptop or mobile phone? Do you want to do these things without an expensive off-the-shelf kit?
In Smart Home Automation with Linux, Steven Goodwin will show you how a house can be fully controlled by its occupants, all using open source software. From appliances to kettles to curtains, control your home remotely!
What you’ll learn
• Control appliances like kettles and curtains both locally and remotely.
• Find and harness data sources to provide context-aware living.
• Hack/change existing hardware/software to better fit your needs.
• Integrate various technologies into a function greater than the whole.
• Set up a home network, for both network and audio/video traffic.
Who this book is for
This book is for amateur and professional Linux users who want to control their homes and their gadgets!
How do I order?
1. You can order online (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 02-765.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $27.45
(includes $7.95 for shipping/handling - foreign shipping will be higher) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. Western Union or Bank transfer.
5. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Start your Smart Home Automation with Linux training today.