Management Information Systems is a distance learning program that was designed to make students knowledgeable about the fundamentals of modern computer-based information systems used in business data processing, office automation and information reporting.
Major emphasis will be on the managerial and strategic aspects of information technology.
This course includes 15 distance learning lessons, textbook, a CIE study guide, online grading, a certificate of completion from CIE Bookstore and instructor support.
What will I learn from this course?
Upon completion of this 15 lesson distance learning course you will be able to explain the common techniques and concepts in business information systems, describe the ways in which computers are used in business management.
You will be able to identify and suggest appropriate responses to managerial and organizational issues stemming from development, implementation, and use of computer-based information systems.
You'll also have an understanding of the challenges of implementing international information systems, including economic and cultural differences and explain the major social and ethical issues involved in the development and use of information technology.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion suitable for framing when finished.
Instructor support is included with this program so you never have to study alone. If you ever have a question call us and we’re there for you. In addition, you’ll have access to CIE’s e-grade web site where you can take your exams on-line.
- Business Information Systems
- Information Systems in Business Functions
- Information Technology in Business: Hardware
- Information Systems in Business: Software
- Information Technology in Business:
- Telecommunications and Networks
- E-Commerce: The Internet, Intranets & Extranets
- Data and Knowledge Management
- Managers and Their Information Needs
- EDI, Supply Chain Management & Global Information Systems
- Decision Support and Geographic Information Systems
- Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems
- Planning Information Systems
- Systems Development
- Alternative Avenues for Systems Acquisition
- Risks, Controls, and Security Measures
- Supervised Exam
Students are required to read all 15 textbook chapter assignments and answer the related review questions.
Students must complete and submit their exams for grading via our online grading center, mail or fax at the end of each lesson before beginning the next lesson.
Study at home
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it's convenient for you - there are no time limits. Includes instructor support and you can take your exams online on our e-grade web site any time you want - day or night! Everything you need to graduate is sent to your home.
This computer security course was designed with a convenient step-by-step learning format that will allow you to master new topics quickly and effectively. If you ever need help with your course you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question. (LabSim content not supported by CIE instructors.)
How do I enroll?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-CET119.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $267.75
(includes $22.75 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can send a PayPal transfer of $267.75 to
5. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher. (This course is in stock.)
Order on-line or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-CET119 today!