Industrial Control and PLC Operation
Learn to master the concepts behind industrial maintenance and control from servomechanisms to instrumentation.
Upon completion of the course students will have a firm understanding of the components, circuits, instruments, control techniques, calibration, tuning and programming associated with industrial automated systems.
Course includes a certificate of completion, instructor support, access to the online exam center, study guide, two hundred animated multimedia lessons on CD and a textbook.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to do the following.
1. Describe A/D and D/A converters
2. Discuss the nature and methods of motion control
3. Describe the components used for motion control
4. Design and Troubleshoot motion control circuits
5. Utilize basic instruments, control techniques and calibration of motion control circuits
6. Develop and interpret programming codes and logic ladders associated with motion control circuits
Clock Hours: 150
Industrial Control Overview
- Open and Closed Loop Systems
- A/D and D/A Converters
- 555 Timer
Methods and Operation of the Controller
- SCRs & UJTs
- Diacs and Triacs
- PI and PID Controllers
DC Motors and Drives
- DC Motors
- Motor Speed Control
- Load Characteristics of DC Drives
AC Motors and Drives
- Synchronous Speed of AC Motors
- Acceleration and Deceleration
- Induction Motors
Servo Motors and Servomechanisms
- Brushless DC Motor
- PM and VR Stepper Motors
- Master-Slave Servo Systems
- Static and Dynamic Characteristics
Pressure Systems and Temperature Control
- Pressure and Fluid
- Law of Thermodynamics
- Thermocouples, RTDs and Thermistors
Flow Control and Level Control Systems
- Flow, Flow Rate, and Flow Sensors
- Level, Direct Level and Indirect Level
- Gauges and Detectors
Analytical and Industrial Instrumentation
- pH, Conductivity, & Combustion
- P & ID
- Proportional Gain and Proportional Band
- Batch, Continuous, Static and Zero
- Electronic and Pneumatic Signals
- Proportional, Integral & Derivative
- Head Pressure and Lag
- Photoelectric Sensor
- Proximity Detectors
- Capacitive & Inductive
- Modulation and Demodulation
- R-F Signals
PLC Programming, Interfacing and Troubleshooting
- Ladder Diagrams
- Block Diagram of PLC
- Examine-On & Examine
- Off Instruction
- I/O Modules
- Motion-Control Parameters
- Types of Position Movements
- Motion-Control Feedback Devices
- Encoders, Binary & Gray Codes
- Data Flow Management
- Industrial Networks
- Industrial Communications Protocol
Student Evaluation and Grading Method
Each of the lessons concludes with an examination comprising of a multiple-choice test. The lessons examinations are open book.
Each lesson exam is worth a 100% and a student must score a 70% or better to complete the lesson. The final grade for this course will be the average of all scores above 70%.
A 93% – 100%
B 83% – 92%
C 75% – 82%
D 70% – 74%
What do I get?
- Certificate upon finishing
- Instructor support & online exams
- Textbook, study guide with 13 assignments
- CD with 200 animations
Instructor Support & Certificate
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it's convenient for you - there are no time limits. Includes instructor support and take your exams online on our e-grade web site.
If you ever need help with your course you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion in Industrial Control and PLC Operation suitable for framing when finished.
How do I enroll in the Industrial Control and PLC Operation course?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account
(simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 243-6446 and ask for course 02-L435A.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $417.95 (includes $22.95 for shipping/handling)
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
This course available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.