Electrical Motor Controls for Integrated Systems
Learn the latest industry practices of motor starters, motor drives, PLCs, and control devices. Essential troubleshooting procedures are integrated in each chapter and electrical safety has been expanded throughout to address NFPA 70E®, PPE, arc flash, and arc blast. Smart grid systems, Energy efficiency applications and Electrical test instruments are covered as well.
Electrical Motor Controls for Integrated Systems is the industry-leading reference that covers electrical, motor, and mechanical devices and their use in industrial control circuits.
This textbook provides the architecture and content for acquiring the knowledge and skills required in an advanced manufacturing environment. In this fast-changing manufacturing environment, technicians must be competent in various aspects of mechanical, electrical, and fluid power systems for productivity and success.
The textbook also serves as a practical resource for maintenance technicians responsible for production equipment and HVAC equipment.
The textbook begins with basic electrical and motor theory, builds on circuit fundamentals, and reinforces comprehension through examples of industrial applications. Special emphasis is placed on the development of troubleshooting skills throughout the text.
Expanded content in this edition includes the following:
- Electrical safety including NFPA® 70E, PPE, arc flash, and arc blast
- Smart grid systems
- Energy efficiency applications
- Electrical test instruments
Each chapter includes checkpoint questions to reinforce key concepts, energy efficiency practices to promote energy efficiency, and Applying Your Knowledge to reinforce key motor control concepts on the DVD.
Answers to the checkpoint questions are located in the Answer Keys. The Appendix contains many useful tables, charts, and formulas. The Glossary defines over 500 technical terms related to electrical theory, motors, motor control circuits, and control devices.
Text contains a DVD with Quick Quizzes®, an Illustrated Glossary, Flash Cards, Review Questions, Applying Your Knowledge, Motor Control Library, Media Clips, and a link to ATPeResources.com. These activities enhance the content to provide additional information and assessment.
Prepare to succeed in these highly skilled positions:
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Refrigeration Technician
- Field Service Technician
- Instrumentation Technician
- Industrial Technician
- Production Supervisor
- Electrical Quantities and Basic Circuits
- Symbols and Diagrams
- Test Instruments
- Electrical Safety
- Control Logic
- Mechanical Input Control Devices
- Electromechanical Relays
- DC Generators
- AC Generators
- Contactors and Magnetic Motor Starters
- DC Motors
- AC Motors
- Reversing Motors
- Timing and Counting Functions
- Motor Stopping Methods
- Motor Load, Torque, and Power Quality Requirements
- Reduced-Voltage Starting Circuits
- DC Power Sources
- Semiconductor Input Devices
- Semiconductor Amplification and Switching
- Semiconductor Power Switching Devices
- Photoelectric Semiconductors, Fiber Optics, and Light-Based Applications
- Solid-State Relays and Starters
- Motor Drives
- Programmable Controllers
- Power Distribution and Smart Grid Systems
- Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Predictive Maintenance
How do I order?
1. You can order online (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 02-624.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $141.95
(includes $16.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can send a PayPal transfer of $141.95 to