Sorry - this product is no longer available
Building Robot Drive Trains
Building robot drive trains. Learn everything you need to build your own robot drive train.
Learn everything you need to build your own robot drive train:
Addressing all aspects of robot locomotion including wheel selection, motors, power transmission, braking, and control systems, detailed sections of this title cover both theoretical and practical elements.
A good source for general-purpose robotics designing, the text outlines the advantages and disadvantages of various options. It is also one of the few resources that discuss the problem of designing a robot for outdoor environments and different terrains.
• The Basics of Robot Locomotion
• Motor Types: An Overview
• Using DC Motors
• Using RC Servo Motors
• Using Stepper Motors
• Mounting Motors
• Motor Control 101, The Basics
• Motor Control 201, Closing the Loop with Feedback
• Electronics and Microcontroller Interfacing
• Wheels and Tank Tracks
• Locomotion for Multipods
Build an effective drive train and gain a full understanding of robot locomotion. All that’s required to get things moving are some inexpensive, off the shelf parts and this handy guide.
How do I order?
1. You can order online (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 19-8509.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $32.90
(includes $6.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. Western Union or Bank transfer.
5. You can send a PayPal transfer of $32.90 to
6. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.