Translate schematic diagrams into today's cutting-edge electronics
Navigate the roadmaps of simple electronic circuits and complex systems with help from an experienced engineer. With all-new art and demo circuits you can build, this hands-on, illustrated guide explains how to understand and create high-precision electronics diagrams.
Find out how to identify parts and connections, decipher element ratings, and apply diagram-based information in your own projects. Beginner’s Guide to Reading Schematics, Third Edition, also contains valuable appendices covering symbols and resistor color codes.
Featuring detailed coverage of:
- Schematic, block, and pictorial diagrams
- Resistors and capacitors
- Inductors and transformers
- Switches, conductors, and cables
- Diodes, transistors, and logic gates
- Electron tubes
- Cells and batteries
- Voltage dividers and reducers
- Breadboards and wire wrapping
- Electronics troubleshooting
Table of contents
Chapter 1. What's The Scheme
Chapter 2. Block Diagrams
Current and Signal Paths
Chapter 3. Component Symbols
Resistors and Potentiometers
Inductors and Transformers
Plugs, Jacks, and Outlets
Diodes and Transistors
Cells and Batteries
Wires and Cables
Grounds and Antennas
Chapter 4. Simple Circuits
Troubleshooting with Schematics
Other Forms of Designation
Chapter 5. Complex Circuits
Identifying the Building Blocks
Analyzing Large Schematics
Getting Comfortable with Large Schematics
Chapter 6. Pictorial Diagrams
APPENDIX A. Table of Symbols
APPENDIX B. Resistor Color Codes
How do I order?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 19-6323.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $32.95
(includes $7.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 321-2155.