Android Apps for Absolute Beginners
Anybody can start building simple apps for the Android platform, and this book will show you how! Android Apps for Absolute Beginners takes you through the process of getting your first Android applications up and running using plain English and practical examples.
It cuts through the fog of jargon and mystery that surrounds Android application development, and gives you simple, step-by-step instructions to get you started.
* Teaches Android application development in language anyone can understand, giving you the best possible start in Android development
* Provides simple, step-by-step examples that make learning easy, allowing you to pick up the concepts without fuss
* Offers clear code descriptions and layout so that you can get your apps running as soon as possible
What you'll learn
* Get yourself and your computer set up for Android apps development
* Use the Eclipse programming environment to make your Android development efficient and straightforward
* Follow steps in plain English to build simple apps and get them working immediately
* Style your application so that it appeals to potential users
* Make use of the Android's touch screen
* Use shortcuts and cheat sheets to create apps the easy way
* Use the basics of Java and XML to move onto more advanced apps
Who this book is for
If you have a great idea for an Android app, but have never programmed before, then this book is for you. You don't need to have any previous computer programming skills as long as you have a desire to learn, and you know which end of the mouse is which, the world of Android apps development awaits!
Table of Contents
1. Preliminary Information: Before We Get Started
2. What's Next? Our Road Ahead
3. Setting Up an Open Source Android Development Environment
4. An Introduction to Java, XML and How Android Works
5. An Overview of the Android Application Framework
6. Screen Layout Design: Views, ViewGroups and Layout Types
7. User Interface Design: Buttons, Menus, Dialogs and Alerts
8. Designing Graphics for Android: 2D Images Animation
9. Adding Interactivity: Handling UI Events
10. Understanding Content Providers
11. Understanding Intents and Intent Filters
12. The Future: 3D, Widgets, Bluetooth, Maps, Search, and More!
How do I order Android Apps for Absolute Beginners?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 02-742
3. You can mail a check or money order for $37.94
(includes $7.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for 02-742 Android Apps for Absolute Beginners today!