Start developing applications for the Windows Phone quickly and easily.
Microsoft is injecting new energy into the smart phone marketplace with the sophisticated Windows Phone 7. This new energy equates to new opportunities for you, the mobile developer. This course has been written specifically to help you seize these opportunities and begin creating applications for this exciting new mobile device platform.
Start with the basics, learn the process of downloading and setting up the right development tools, including Visual Studio, Expression Blend, Silverlight SDK, and Windows Phone SDK. Then it takes you step-by-step though the development process as you build and deploy a complete application with a highly sophisticated user interface.
Finally, you'll receive step-by-step instructions on selling your applications through the Microsoft Phone Marketplace.
What you’ll learn
- Create effective networked applications
- Leverage your phone’s GPS capabilities from within your application
- Interact with the phone’s built-in functionality (camera, contacts, maps, accelerometer, video and web browser to name but a few)
- Construct highly graphical and responsive user interfaces quickly and easily using the features that Microsoft has provided for you
- How to package and distribute your applications both for personal distribution and through the Windows Phone Marketplace
Best of all, you’ll earn an impressive Certificate of Completion in Android Apps Development suitable for framing when you're finished!
Study at home
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it's convenient for you - there are no time limits. Includes instructor support and you can take your exams online on our e-grade web site any time you want - day or night! Everything you need to graduate is sent to your home.
This certificate course was designed with a convenient step-by-step learning format that will allow you to master new topics quickly and effectively. If you ever need help with your course you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question.
Lesson topics cover:
- Introducing Windows Phone 7 and the Windows Phone Platform
- Building Windows Phone 7 Applications
- Using Cloud Services As Data Stores
- Catching and Debugging Errors
- Packaging, Publishing, and Managing Applications
- Working with the Accelerometer
- Application Bar
- WebBrowser Control
- Working with Controls and Themes
- Integrating Applications with the Windows Phone OS
- Creating Trial Applications
- Isolated Storage
- Using Location Services
- Working with the Camera and Photos
- Push Notifications
- Reactive Extensions for .NET
Special Introductory Offer: Save $50 off tuition - now only $95!
Enroll with no risk. If you're not happy with the course, return it within ten days and receive a tuition refund. 10 lessons with instructor support, online exams, text book, study guide and a professional certificate of completion from CIE Bookstore.
Hurry, this limited time offer will end soon! Enroll online or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 02- WINPH7.
Student Evaluation and Grading Method:
Each of the 10 assignments/lessons culminates with an examination comprising of multiple-choice questions and matching questions. The lesson examinations are open book. View the Intro to Windows Phone 7 study guide.
1. Instructor Assistance:
Use our toll-free Instructor Hot-line, direct e-mail or chat room to access our faculty and staff if you ever need assistance with your course work. CIE's dedicated staff of instructors do more than just grade your exams; they help guide you, step-by-step, through your studies and hands-on training.
They'll encourage you when you're doing well and give you support when you need it. Most importantly they'll see that every question you have receives careful consideration by one or more members of the staff.
You can be sure the response, whether it's a simple explanation or an in-depth theoretical discussion, will be prompt, courteous and thorough. We'll make sure that you'll never study alone.
2. Priority Grading - No waiting
Your submitted exams will be graded and sent back to you within 24 hours. You can be sure that you will get back almost instantaneous feedback from your exams. Take your exams online on our e-grade web site or mail them in to us. (LabSim content not supported by CIE instructors.)
3. The Electron
Free access to CIE's school paper The Electron.
4. Professional Certificate of Completion
After finishing this course you'll receive a certificate of completion suitable for framing!
The demand for mobile applications is growing quickly. The smart phones are quickly changing how people use web sites and the Internet.
Most computer programmers work in computer system design and related services, an industry which is expected to grow as a result of an increasing demand for new computer software. In addition, new applications will have to be developed for mobile technology that should result in job growth for computer programmers and software developers.
How do I enroll?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-WINPH7.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $109.95
(includes $14.25 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Attn: Android App
4. You can send a PayPal transfer of $109.95 to
5. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Learn how to develop Windows Phone 7 today.