Symptoms in Electronics Circuits with Lab
This certificate course is designed to explore principles of operation of televisions, both as a system and a collection of electronic circuits, and to introduce students to symptom analysis and diagnosis.
What do I get?
• Certificate upon finishing
• Instructor support & online exams
• Lesson Books with 18 assignments
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to do the following.
1. Explain the importance of safety and basic requirements to produce a televised picture.
2. Explain the functional block diagram of a TV and basic troubleshooting techniques.
3. Recognize and diagnose problems in the horizontal and vertical circuitry, and in the power.
4. Understand high voltage circuitry and pre-cautions what it entails and vertical deflection methods and circuitry.
5. Understand VHF and UHF tuners and IF amplifiers and video detector circuitry.
6. Understand the circuitry of video amps and their target, the CRT, and how automatic gain control is used in TV
7. Describe how the picture is locked in on TV sets, both vertically and horizontally, and for a color picture.
8. Explain color circuits employed, I and Q signals, color detection and troubleshooting problems with reception.
9. Make basic adjustments such as for focus, high voltage, AGC, and recognize and diagnose problems in the sound circuitry.
Clock Hours: 135
HIGH VOLTAGE CIRCUITS
- High-voltage Circuit Operation
- High-voltage Voltage Rectifiers
- High-voltage Regulator Circuits
- Focus Voltage Circuits
- High-voltage Circuits Test
- Other causes of Lost Raster
- The Vertical System/ Circuits
- Vertical Oscillator/Amplifiers
- Vertical Sweep Symptoms
- Vertical Sync Loss
- Loss of Picture Height
- Poor Vertical Picture Linearity
- Vacuum Tubes Circuits
- Mechanical Tuners
- Tuner Mechanics
- VHF/UHF Tuner
- Tuner Failures
- Automatic Frequency Control
- Integrated Circuit Video
- A-C Input
- Power Supply Circuits
- Horizontal Circuit Functions
- Horizontal Sweep Problem
- Loss Horizontal Sync
- Loss Raster
- Picture Width Problem
- Horizontal Circuit Troubleshooting
- Producing the Raster
- Producing a Picture
- Picture Sync
TELEVISION TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUE
- Block Function/Interdependence
- Signal Flow
- Test Equipment
- Troubleshooting with Ohms law
- Component Placement
COLOR TELEVISION SET-UP
- Raster/Signal/Color Adjustments
- Sound i-f detector and Circuits
- Audio Detector and Amplifiers
- Equivalent circuits
- Total resistance
- KVL & KCL
- Opens and shorts
ITERMEDIATE FRQUENCY AMPLIFIERS
- IF Circuitry
- Video Detector Circuits
- AFG Circuits
- IF Strip Failures
VIDEO CIRCUITS AND THE CRT
- Video Circuits
- Integrated Circuit Video
- Other Video Circuits
- Troubleshooting Video/CRT Circuits
- Key AGC
- I-F Amplifiers
- R-F AGC
- AGC Trouble shooting
INTRODUCTION TO COLOR TV
- Color Broadcast/Reception
- Color Receiver Block Diagram
- Troubleshooting Color Circuit
Student Evaluation and Grading Method
Each of the lessons concludes with an examination comprising of a multiple-choice test. The lessons examinations are open book.
Each lesson exam is worth a 100% and a student must score a 70% or better to complete the lesson. The final grade for this course will be the average of all scores above 70%.
A 93% – 100%
B 83% – 92%
C 75% – 82%
D 70% – 74%
What do I get?
- Certificate upon finishing
- Instructor support & online exams
- Lesson Books with 18 assignments
Instructor Support & Certificate
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it's convenient for you - there are no time limits. Includes instructor support and take your exams online on our e-grade web site.
If you ever need help with your course you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion in Symptoms in Electronics Circuits suitable for framing when finished.
How do I order the Analog Circuits Course with Lab?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the
'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 243-6446 and ask for course 02-EET124.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $247.95 (includes $22.95 for shipping/handling)
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
This course available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.