Repairing Your Outdoor Power Equipment is a new resource which shows you how to successfully service and repair your favorite outdoor power equipment, including: lawnmowers and garden tractors, snow throwers, leaf blowers, chain saws, portable pumps, and more!
Complete with step-by-step photo sequences, this book will introduce you to the professional failure analysis and servicing techniques you need to keep your equipment in top condition, while highlighting the operation of basic two-stroke and four-stroke engines.
Safety precautions and troubleshooting skills are emphasized in every chapter to ensure your success.
Learn about professional certification requirements for readers interested in turning a hobby into a lucrative business.
There's even a full section in Repairing Your Outdoor Power Equipment which allows you to conduct a failure analysis and learn to rebuild a failed engine!
- Popular outdoor power equipment is used to show you the ins and outs of ignition and fuel systems, lubrication systems, cooling and exhaust systems, and more!
- Step-by-step photo sequences are included to illustrate frequently used service techniques
- An opportunity to "test" your knowledge by conducting a failure analysis and successfully rebuilding a failed engine is included
- Troubleshooting and failure analysis is emphasized in every chapter to assist as you master new servicing and repair techniques.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1: Tools and tips to get started.
Chapter 2: The four-stroke engine.
Chapter 3: The two-stroke engine.
Chapter 4: How engines are sized and selected.
Chapter 5: When things go wrong; how to troubleshoot.
Chapter 6: Preventing things from going wrong; preventive maintenance.
Chapter 7: How the ignition system works.
Chapter 8: Giving your engine an ignition tune-up.
Chapter 9: How the fuel system works.
Chapter 10: Giving your engine a fuel system tune-up.
Chapter 11: Getting control of the governor and throttle.
Chapter 12: How the engine's lubrication, cooling, and exhaust system work.
Chapter 13: Repairing your engine's starting mechanism.
Chapter 14: Determining the cause of internal parts failure.
Chapter 15: Repairing the engine's valve system.
Chapter 16: Repairing the crankshaft assembly.
Chapter 17: Repairing the piston and cylinder assembly.
Chapter 18: Reassembling the engine.
Chapter 19: Repairing your lawn mower.
Chapter 20: Repairing your lawn tractor.
Chapter 21: Repairing your edger.
Chapter 22: Repairing your tiller.
Chapter 23: Repairing your snow thrower.
Chapter 24: Repairing your chain saw.
Chapter 25: Repairing your string trimmer.
Chapter 26: Repairing your leaf blower.
Chapter 27: Repairing your portable pump.
Chapter 28: Repairing Your Portable Generator.
Publisher: Delmar Thomson Learning
Paperback — 8½ x 11 inches
Pages: 356 — Hundreds of b&w photos and illustrations
How do I order?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 21-1403.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $87.95
(includes $12.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Learn to Repair Your Outdoor Power Equipment with easy step-by step instructions.
FREE Small Engine Repair Course
Learn to repair and troubleshoot small engines.