This certificate course will show students how to install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows, Apple OS X, Linux and Mobile Operating Systems.
These are valuable career skills that can be used in just about any office network or home computer.
What will I learn?
• How to diagnose and troubleshoot common operating system problems
• Configuring accounts and wireless connections on mobile devices
• Install and upgrade software applications, printers, and other system components
• Identify key features common to all operating systems
• Use Windows, DOS, Macintosh OS X, and Linux
• Describe basic networking and network operating system concepts
• Connect to a LAN and the Internet
• Implement important security features
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it’s convenient for you - there are no time limits.
Take your exams online and finish with an academic Certificate of Completion in Operating Systems Management from CIE Bookstore suitable for framing.
What do I get?
- Instructor support on Operating Systems lessons
- A detailed textbook with colorful examples
- Study guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Credit towards a professional IT Diploma
- 10 lessons with online exams
10 Lessons for Certificate in Operating Systems Management
1. Introduction to Operating Systems
Comparing common operating systems.
2. Computers, Mobile Devices and Apps
The key features of security tools.
3. Digital Safety and Security. Inside PCs & Mobile Devices
Cloud computing, cyber criminals.
4. Input, Output and Digital Storage
Pointing devices, storage and memory. Types of memory cards.
5. Operating Systems
Mobile & desktop operating systems. File Management.
6. Communications and Networks
LANs, MANs, WANs and PANs.
7. Information and Data Management
Database management systems.
8. Information Systems and Program Development
9. The Command-Line Interface
10. Connecting Desktops and Laptops to Networks
CIE Instructor Support
If you ever need help with your Operating Systems lessons you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question.
They’ll encourage you when you’re doing well and give you support when you need it. Most importantly they’ll see that every question you have receives careful consideration by one or more members of the staff. You can be sure the response, whether it’s a simple explanation or an in-depth theoretical discussion, will be prompt, courteous and thorough.
Priority Grading - No waiting
Your submitted exams on Operating Systems will be graded and sent back to you within 24 hours. You can be sure that you will get back almost instantaneous feedback from your exams. You can take your exams on-line on our e-grade site or send them in.
Professional Certificate of Completion from CIE Bookstore
After finishing this course you’ll receive a certificate of completion suitable for framing!
You’ll receive complete lesson and tuition credit if you ever decide to transfer over to CIE’s Diploma programs! Your exam scores will be stored in CIE’s data base will be ready for you when you need them!
How do I enroll?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal.
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 02-M230.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $247.95 (includes $22.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Attn. Operating Systems and Linux+
This course available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.
Start your Operating Systems training today!