Low Voltage Training
Jump-start your knowledge of low voltage systems, associated devices, and the methods and terminology of the industry!
Easy-to-read content that is written especially for industry novices employs a thoughtful use of layman’s terms so that difficult concepts and topics will be swiftly grasped.
Low Voltage Trainingis introductory, all-inclusive guide combines the basic elements of various low voltage systems into a single source, so that readers gain a concrete understanding of the operation of individual systems – including theory of operation – as well as how they integrate.
Information pertaining to devices, connection and cabling, and the National Electrical Code® are all thoroughly examined, outfitting users with an appreciation for the operation of such systems, as well as the language and terminology of the industry.
Readers will gain valuable insight into the purpose and use of the Code®, the treatment of devices and their relationship to the entire system, conductors and cabling, and more.
- Issues such as voltage drop, characteristic impedance, attenuation, and insulation are discussed in depth, promoting a knowledge of the major issues involved in specifying the right type of cable for a job.
- A detailed discussion of the basics of computer networking examines the levels of communication and protocols necessary for communicating across a network.
- Readers will gain an understanding of the NEC® and associated terminology that will enable them to flow through the pages of any industry magazine or manufacturer's guide relating to such topics.
- Coverage assumes a fundamental understanding of the basic laws, components, and circuits of AC/DC electricity.
Low Voltage Training - Table of Contents:
- I. Introduction to the NEC
- II. Electrical Conductors & Cable
- III. Audio Physics
- IV. Audio Signal Processing, Amplification, and Reproduction Equipment
- V. Networking & Information Technology Equipment
- VI. Power Supplies, Batteries and Emergency Systems
- VII. Classification of Circuits
- VIII. Fire Alarm Systems
- IX. Fiber Optic Cable and Raceways
- X. Telecommunications Circuits, Alarm and Security
- XI. Wireless Communcations
- XII. Closed Circuit Television Camera Systems
This low voltage training guide is intended for beginners and there is no time limit to complete this guide. Study at home at your own pace without disrupting your lifestyle.
How do I purchase this training item?
1. You can order online (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 21-5656.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $174.25
(includes $18.25 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. Western Union or Bank transfer.
5. You can send a PayPal transfer of $174.25 to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Start your Low Voltage Training today!