Information Technology: The Network Economy
Information Technology: The Network Economy. Certificate course includes instructor support, online exams and no time limits.
Availability: In stock
This course includes 13 distance learning lessons, a certificate of completion from CIE Bookstore and instructor support.
This course was developed to make students knowledgeable about the rapid change from the industrial economy to a networked economy built on computers, connectivity, and human knowledge.
It discusses information systems in organizations, electronic commerce strategy and technology, design and development of information systems, and issues in the networked economy.
What will I learn from this course?
Upon completion of this course, you will haved learned how information technology has created a networked economy and how people use information technology to process and share their data and resources.
You will also be able to discuss how information technology enables organizations to handle the present, remember the past, and prepare for the future through the use of information systems. In addition, you'll be able to understand the process involved in developing and acquiring information systems.
And finally, you'll learn how the effects of information technology and the networked economy are having on crime, security, and ethics and the social issues created by this technology.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion from CIE Bookstore suitable for framing when finished.
Instructor support is included with this program so you never have to study alone. If you ever have a question call us and we’re there for you. In addition, you’ll have access to CIE’s e-grade web site where you can take your exams on-line.
- The Networked Economy
- Information Technology: The Infrastructure of the Networked Economy
- Sharing Information and Resources through Networks
- Handling the Present: Transaction Processing Systems
- Remembering the Past with Organizational Memory
- Preparing for the Future with Decision Support Systems
- Electronic Commerce Strategies
- Electronic Commerce Technologies
- Developing Information Systems I
- Developing Information Systems II
- Crime and Security in the Networked Economy
- Privacy and Ethical Issues in the Networked Economy
- Social Issues in the Networked Economy
Everything you need to graduate is included!
Text book, CIE study guide, instructor support, access to CIE's online exam site and a professional certificate of completion from CIE Bookstore when finished.
Student Evaluation and Grading Method:
Each of the 13 assignments/lessons culminates with an examination comprising of multiple-choice questions and matching questions. The lesson examinations are open book.
1. Instructor Assistance:
Use our toll-free Instructor Hot-line, direct e-mail or chat room to access our faculty and staff if you ever need assistance with your course work. CIE's dedicated staff of instructors do more than just grade your exams; they help guide you, step-by-step, through your studies and hands-on training.
They'll encourage you when you're doing well and give you support when you need it. Most importantly they'll see that every question you have receives careful consideration by one or more members of the staff.
You can be sure the response, whether it's a simple explanation or an in-depth theoretical discussion, will be prompt, courteous and thorough. We'll make sure that you'll never study alone.
2. Priority Grading - No waiting
Your submitted exams will be graded and sent back to you within 24 hours. You can be sure that you will get back almost instantaneous feedback from your exams. Take your exams online on our e-grade web site or mail them in to us. (LabSim content not supported by CIE instructors.)
3. The Electron
Free access to CIE's school paper The Electron.
4. Professional Certificate of Completion from CIE Bookstore
After finishing this course you'll receive a certificate of completion suitable for framing!
How do I enroll?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-CET118.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $213.25
(includes $18.25 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can send a PayPal transfer of $213.25 to
5. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher. (This course is in stock.)
Order on-line or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 01-CET118 today!