What should an electronics hackerspace look like? Is it in your bedroom, garage, a classroom, or even a suitcase?
And where do you start? What parts are essential, and which are just nice to have? And how do you organize it all?
Learn how to build your own electronics lab complete with tools, parts, and power sources. You'll learn how to create a portable lab, a small lab to save space, and even a lab for small groups and classrooms.
You'll learn which parts and tools are indispensable no matter what type projects you're working on: which soldering irons are best, which tools, cables, and testing equipment you'll need. You'll also learn about different chips, boards, sensors, power sources, and which ones you'll want to keep on hand.
Finally, you'll learn how to assemble everything for the type of lab best suited to your needs. If you need to carry everything to your local makerspace, you can build the Portable Lab. If you plan to tinker at home or in the garage, there is the Corner Lab. If you're going to run your own local makerspace or you need to set up a lab to teach others, there is the Small-Group Lab.
No matter what your gadgeteering needs may be, Building Your Own Electronics Lab will show you exactly how to put it all together so you have what you need to get started.
What you’ll learn
- Essential components of every electronics lab, and how to get them without going broke
- The differences between types of electronics parts, accessories, and tools you may need
- Designing a lab for portability
- Designing a lab to save space
- Designing a lab to share space and resources
Who this book is for
Electronics hobbyists, Arduino enthusiasts, hardware hackers, ham radio tinkerers, or anyone wanting to build their own makerspace.
Table of Contents
- Planning Your Electronics Workshop
- Building Your Tool Chest
- Parts – Both Spare and Not-so-Spare
- Portable Mini-Lab
- The Corner Lab
- The Small-Group Lab
- Appendix: Getting Started with Tool-Building
How do I order Building Your Own Electronics Lab?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 02-783.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $34.95
(includes $7.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 321-2155 and ask for item 02-783 Building Your Own Electronics Lab!