Learn everything you need to build your own robot drive train:
Addressing all aspects of robot locomotion including wheel selection, motors, power transmission, braking, and control systems, detailed sections of this title cover both theoretical and practical elements.
A good source for general-purpose robotics designing, the text outlines the advantages and disadvantages of various options. It is also one of the few resources that discuss the problem of designing a robot for outdoor environments and different terrains.
• The Basics of Robot Locomotion
• Motor Types: An Overview
• Using DC Motors
• Using RC Servo Motors
• Using Stepper Motors
• Mounting Motors
• Motor Control 101, The Basics
• Motor Control 201, Closing the Loop with Feedback
• Electronics and Microcontroller Interfacing
• Wheels and Tank Tracks
• Locomotion for Multipods
Build an effective drive train and gain a full understanding of robot locomotion. All that’s required to get things moving are some inexpensive, off the shelf parts and this handy guide.
How do I order?
1. You can order online (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 19-8509.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $32.90
(includes $6.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
4. Western Union or Bank transfer.
5. You can send a PayPal transfer of $32.90 to
6. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
Foreign shipping expense will be higher.