Applying Practical Security Techniques
This course covers all of the need-to-know information about staying secure, including maintaining a secure environment and how to avoid security attacks.
Upon completion of the course students will have a firm understanding of Desktop Security; Internet Security; Personal Security; Wireless Network Security; and Enterprise Security. The ultimate goal is to increase an understanding of information security issues and practices whether at home or in the office.
Course includes a certificate of completion, instructor support, access to the online exam center, study guide and a textbook.
What will I learn?
- How to make a PC secure
- What type of attacks antivirus prevent
- Set up a Firewall
- Test a PC for security cracks
- Install Windows patches
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it’s convenient for you - there are no time limits.
What do I get?
- Instructor support
- A detailed textbook with examples
- Study guide
- Certificate of Completion
- Credit towards a professional IT Diploma
- 8 lessons with online exams
1. Introduction to Security
- Challenges of securing information
- Types of attackers that are common today
- The steps in a defense and a comprehensive defense strategy
2. Desktop Security
- The different types of hardware and software attacks
- Types of desktop defenses
- How to recover from an attack
3. Internet Security
- How the World Wide Web and e-mail work
- The different types of Internet attacks
- The defenses used to repel Internet attacks
4. Personal Security
- Attacks on personal security
- The dangers of identity theft
- The defenses against personal security attacks
5. Wireless Network Security
- What a network is and the different types of networks
- The different attacks that can be launched against a wireless network
- The steps necessary to secure a wireless network
6. Enterprise Security
- How redundancy planning and disaster recovery planning benefit on organization
- What a policy is and how it is used
- The different types of security policies
7. Case Project 1
- Practical case studies from chapters 1 to 3
8. Case Project 2
- Practical case studies from chapters 4 to 6
CIE Instructor Support
If you ever need help with your Applying Practical Security Techniques lessons you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention.
They’ll encourage you when you’re doing well and give you support when you need it. Most importantly they’ll see that every question you have receives careful consideration by one or more members of the staff. You can be sure the response, whether it’s a simple explanation or an in-depth theoretical discussion, will be prompt, courteous and thorough.
Priority Grading - No waiting
Your submitted exams will be graded and emailed back to you within 24 hours. You can take your exams on-line on our eGrade web site or mail them in.
Professional Certificate of Completion from CIE Bookstore
Finish with an academic Certificate of Completion in Applying Practical Security Techniques from CIE Bookstore suitable for framing.
You’ll receive complete lesson and tuition credit if you ever decide to transfer over to CIE’s Diploma programs! Your exam scores will be stored in CIE’s data base will be ready for you when you need them!
How do I enroll?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal.
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for course 02-S400.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $247.95
(includes $22.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
This course available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.