Analog Circuits with Lab
This certificate course is designed to explore the principles of operational amplifiers and other analog circuits and subsystems commonly found in the field of industrial controls and communications.
The laboratory portion of this course elaborates on these subjects with experiments to further explain them.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to do the following.
1. Be familiar with commonemitter amplifiers by plotting and interpreting: characteristic curves, load lines and Q-point stability
2. Explain voltage/ current gain and biasing in amplifiers
3. Discuss in details Common-Collector, Darlington, Differential and Two-Stage amplifiers and their circuit characteristics
4. Discuss the fundamental and practical operational amplifiers
5. Discuss the basic applications such as open and closed loop gain, voltage follower, input and output resistance, nulling the op amp, and frequency response of op amp
6. Explain inter-stage coupling methods, distortion, power amplifiers, input and output devices
7. Construct and analyze sinusoidal oscillators
8. Analyze op amp and tuned tank oscillator circuits
9. Familiar with radiofrequency amplifier characteristics and how to troubleshoot R-F amplifiers
10. Conduct experiment with voltage gain, voltage followers, nulling effects, frequency response of the op amp circuit
Lab Equipment - Personal Training Lab
Analog Circuits with Lab contains 8 lessons with hands-on training experiments using CIE's Personal Training Laboratory. You can take your exams online with our convenient e-grade site anytime you want.
The Personal Training Laboratory includes a digital section, analog section, potentiometers, a breadboard with 830 tie points and variable DC power supplies.
Lab equipment, parts kit and instructor support are included with tuition. Our instruction staff works directly with you one-on-one to answer your questions and provide you with technical assistance when needed.
Clock Hours: 180
Audio Amplifiers and Equipment
- Inter-stage Coupling Methods
- Power Amplifiers
- Input-Output Devices
Common-Emitter Amplifier Characteristics
- Plotting Common emitter Characteristics Curve
- AC and DC Transistor Current Gain
- Load Lines
- Q-point Stability
- Bias Stabilization
- CE Voltage gain with and without Bypassed Emitter Resistance
- Voltage Gain as a Function of Emitter Resistance
- Stability Factor
- Frequency-response effect of Coupling Capacitors
- The Hartley Oscillator
- The Colpitts Oscillator
- RC Oscillators
- Phase Shift Oscillators
- The Wien Bridge Oscillator
- The Twin-T Oscillator
Transistors Part II
- The Common-Collector Amplifier
- The Darlington Amplifier
- The Differential Amplifier
- Two-Stage Amplifier with
- Two-Stage Direct-Coupled Amplifier
- The Complementary-Symmetry Power Amplifier
OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER FUNDAMENTALS
- Practical Operational Amplifiers
- Nulling the Op Amp
- Op Amp Compensation
OPERATIONAL AMPLIFIER CHARACTERISTICS
- Voltage Gain in Noninverting Amplifiers
- Inverting Amplifier Gain
- Voltage Comparators
- Building a Digital-Logic Probe
- Nulling the 741 Op Amp
- Frequency Response in Op-Amp Circuits
- Altering Frequency Response in Op-Amp Circuits
- Equal likelihood Division
- Basic Troubleshooting path
- Refining Troubleshooting Procedures
- Troubleshooting within a Stage
MIROWAVE COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
- General Mathematical Concepts
- Microwave Devices
- Special Purpose Tubes for Microwave Applications
- Microwave components
- Link Analysis
- System Performance
Student Evaluation and Grading Method
Each of the lessons concludes with an examination comprising of a multiple-choice test. The lessons examinations are open book.
Each lesson exam is worth a 100% and a student must score a 70% or better to complete the lesson. The final grade for this course will be the average of all scores above 70%.
A 93% – 100%
B 83% – 92%
C 75% – 82%
D 70% – 74%
What do I get?
- Certificate upon finishing
- Instructor support & online exams
- Lesson Books with 8 assignments
- Personal Training Laboratory
- Parts Package for your experiments
Instructor Support & Certificate
Learn from the comfort of your own home and study when it's convenient for you - there are no time limits. Includes instructor support and take your exams online on our e-grade web site.
If you ever need help with your course you can call or e-mail our staff of highly trained instructors for immediate attention or you can join the chat room and ask a question.
Best of all, you’ll earn a professional Certificate of Completion in Analog Circuits Fundamentals suitable for framing when finished.
How do I order the Analog Circuits Course with Lab?
1. You can order online with a Credit Card or PayPal account (simply click the
'Add to Cart' button).
2. Or you can call us at (800) 243-6446 and ask for course 01-EET121.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $297.95 (includes $22.95 for shipping/handling)
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
This course available to residents of the United States, Australia and countries located in North America. Foreign shipping expense will be higher.
Order online or call (800) 243-6446.