This step-by-step, highly visual text provides students with a comprehensive introduction to managing and maintaining computer software.
A+ GUIDE TO SOFTWARE closely integrates the Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) A+ Exam objectives to prepare students for the software portions of the 220-801 and 220-802 certification exams.
The new Sixth Edition also features extensive updates to reflect current technology, techniques, and industry standards in the dynamic, fast-paced field of PC repair. Each chapter covers both core concepts and advanced topics, organizing material to facilitate practical application and encourage students to learn by doing.
Supported by a wide range of supplemental resources to enhance learning—including innovative instructional tools, interactive exercises and activities, and online study guides—this proven text offers an ideal way to prepare students for success as a professional PC repair technician.
A+ Guide to Software Learning Topics:
1. Introduction to Windows Operating Systems.
2. Installing Windows.
3. Maintaining Windows.
4. Optimizing Windows.
5. Troubleshooting Windows and Applications.
6. Troubleshooting Windows Startup.
7. Connecting to and Setting up a Network.
8. Windows Resources on a Network.
9. Security Strategies.
10. Mobile Devices and Client-side Virtualization.
Appendix A: History of Operating Systems.
Appendix B: Windows Vista.
Appendix C: Windows XP.
Appendix D: Creating a Standard Image.
Appendix E: Keystroke Shortcuts in Windows.
Appendix F: CompTIA A+ Acronyms.
Appendix G: Entry Points for Startup Processes.
How do I purchase A+ Guide to Software?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 21-7370.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $155.95
(includes $16.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Attn. A+ Guide to Software
4. Western Union or Bank transfer.
5. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
(Foreign shipping expense will be higher.)
Start your A+ Guide to Software training today!