A+ Guide to Hardware
This step-by-step, highly visual text provides you with a comprehensive introduction to managing and maintaining computer hardware.
A+ GUIDE TO HARDWARE, Ninth Edition closely integrates the CompTIA A Exam objectives to prepare you for the hardware portions of the 220-901 and 220-902 certification exams.
The new Ninth Edition also features extensive updates to reflect current technology, techniques, and industry standards in the dynamic, fast-paced field of PC repair.
Each chapter covers both core concepts and advanced topics, organizing material to facilitate practical application and encourage students to learn by doing. The new edition features more coverage of updated hardware, security, and increased emphasis on mobile devices.
Supported by a wide range of supplemental resources to enhance learning with Lab Manuals, CourseNotes, and online labs, this proven text offers students an ideal way to prepare for success as a professional IT support technician.
- Extensive updates to reflect the new organization and content of the CompTIA A+ certification exams help students prepare for success on the 220-901 exam.
- Increased coverage of security provides basic knowledge of information security as it becomes a growing concern for IT professionals.
- More extensive coverage of mobile devices allow learners to know how to support and secure mobile devices.
- Integrated coverage of notebooks/laptops in every chapter. By Chapter 2, students tear down a laptop and are building on these skills throughout the book.
- New topics and technologies for the 220-901 exam are covered, such as updated hardware including UEFI firmware, new processors, sockets, display devices, wearable technologies, phablets and mobile device accessories, and digital security enhancements.
A+ Guide to Hardware Features:
- Special icons and features throughout the text make it easy to identify hardware content covered on the CompTIA A+ 220-901 certification exams allowing students to focus their efforts effectively when reviewing for the exams.
- Learning tools and special features help students master the material, including Applying Concepts, Key Terms, Reviewing the Basics, Thinking Critically, Hands-On Projects, and Real Problems, Real Solutions.
- A unique A+ Table of Contents allows students to quickly identify hardware topics relevant to the CompTIA A+ exams and determine where those topics are covered within the text.
- An extensive collection of supplemental resources to help enhance teaching and learning. Highlights include innovative instructional and course management tools, interactive activities and study guides, and online material for reinforcement and enrichment.
A+ Guide to Hardware Lesson Topics:
1. First Look at Computer Parts and Tools.
2. Working Inside Desktop Computers and Laptops.
3. All About Motherboards.
4. Supporting Processors and Upgrading Memory.
5. Supporting the Power System and Troubleshooting Computers.
6. Supporting Hard Drives and Other Storage Devices.
7. Supporting I/O Devices.
8. Connecting To and Setting Up a Network.
9. Supporting Network Hardware.
10. Supporting Printers and Customizing a System.
Appendix A.Safety Procedures and Environmental Concerns.
Appendix B. Entry Points for Windows Startup Processes.
Appendix C. CompTIA A+ Acronyms
How do I purchase A+ Guide to Hardware?
1. You can order online with a credit card or PayPal (click the 'Add to Cart' button).
2. Call us at (800) 321-2155 and ask for product 21-7389.
3. You can mail a check or money order for $155.95
(includes $16.95 for shipping/handling) to:
1776 E. 17th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Attn. A+ Guide to Hardware
4. You can fax your order to us at 216-781-0331.
(Foreign shipping expense will be higher.)
Start your A+ Guide to Hardware training today!